Thank you for wanting to help out – it’s through generous people, businesses and organisations like you that we’ll make sure Hounslow’s most vulnerable are looked after during this difficult time.
For information on the Hounslow Community Hub, visit the Hub’s webpage.
Staying safe and healthy as a volunteer
During the coronavirus outbreak many people in Hounslow have come forward to help and support their neighbours.
We want you and your neighbours to be safe whilst you help one another out during this uncertain time.
Our Good Neighbour guide offers you tips and advice on how to help others and keeping safe.
Donate to your local Foodbank
Foodbanks are a lifeline for many people and are already helping to supply and deliver food to people who can’t get out, either because they are self-isolating or are considered at high risk of coronavirus.
Many people across our community need emergency food support. You can help by donating an extra item from your weekly shop by dropping food and others goods off directly at foodbanks or via collection bins at your local supermarket.
Details of what is needed and where the drop off locations are on Hounslow Foodbank website.
You can also drop off food at the following places:
Volunteer opportunities through Hounslow Community Network
Hounslow Community Network provides a collective voice for voluntary and community groups within Hounslow and has over more than 300 organisations, many of which are small local community groups.
We've also listed below a range of other volunteering opportunities and updates, you might be interested in:
The British Red Cross have developed a new step-by-step online guide for anyone wanting to train as volunteers during the coronavirus outbreak. The guidance is aimed at helping help local charities, mutual aid groups and individuals supporting people in their communities safely, and has been developed with experts in emergency and crisis response.
Businesses and community groups
If you are a business or voluntary and community group and would like to join the effort, please let us know by completing the form below.
We will be in touch to discuss your offer and connect you to the right people or group who can use your donation or support.
If you’re e doing something to support residents at this time, e.g. free online classes or activities for children, or support for older or isolated people, email us at email@example.com - with the details and we will be happy to help promote it.
Support for rough sleepers
If you are aware of anyone sleeping rough please let the Council know via Streetlink. Our Council outreach team will visit people where they are and find them a safe place
Look after yourself
If you are volunteering to help someone, please take the below steps to make sure you do not contribute to the spread of coronavirus. These include:
- If you feel at all unwell, do not volunteer to help others who are self-isolating
- Wash your hands regularly with warm water and soap, especially before and after you deliver any items to a person in isolation
- If you make a delivery, stay 2 meters away from the person who is in isolation at all times. Place the items outside their door and then step away.
- Be careful about how you share personal information about yourself and other people. Avoid sharing your or a vulnerable person's address and other contact information in public groups or documents.
- Try to support people who live close to you, so you don't travel larger distances
- Follow public health guidance on self-isolating yourself and your family