You can take household bulky waste to your nearest reuse and recycling centre. Our site is called Space Waye Reuse and Recycling Centre, although you may use a neighbouring council centre if it is more convenient for you. Please do check in advance the entry requirements for non-residents using these sites.
Alternatively, you can use our Tidy Town bulky waste collection service.
The Tidy Town bulky waste collection service can be used to remove any household waste and large items that are not suitable for the fortnightly wheelie bin rubbish collection.
Large household items we can collect from your home:
- electrical items
- white goods (e.g. refrigerators and washing machines)
- cooking oil - no more than 25 litres in a sealed container.
Items we cannot collect collect:
- garden waste (soft, bag-able) - the green garden waste collection service or Space Way Re-Use and Recycling Centre should be used for this type of material; large trees can be collected through the bulky waste service but must be cut into manageable pieces
- cast iron baths, pianos, paving slabs, rubble - these items are too heavy for the collection vehicles. We recommend using a specialist contractor for these.
- tyres, asbestos, meat, fluorescent tubes or other hazardous waste - the vehicle is not licensed to carry this waste
We cannot collect or remove waste generated from improvements you have made to your home.
If you have carried out the improvements yourself then it is advisable to hire a skip or to take your waste to your nearest recycling centre. You may be charged for this service as it is classified as industrial waste.
However if a contractor has carried out this work, then it is their responsibility to remove this waste on your behalf and dispose of it legally.
The service costs £50 for a collection (for up to 5 items) and £10 per additional item. To use this service, you must be registered to pay Council Tax and your payment details must match your Council Tax address. If you are receiving income related benefits you are entitled to one free collection each year.
To book a bulky waste collection, please call 020 8583 5555.
If you live in a flat, please note that items will only be collected from your communal bin store area.
Reusable furniture and household electrical appliances
The Hounslow Furniture Recycling Project will collect furniture in good condition and household electrical appliances in working order for a small charge starting at £10 for up to 5 items. The items collected are then made available to residents of the London Borough of Hounslow on low incomes to purchase at low prices from their showroom.
If you have any items that you would like to be collected by the Hounslow Furniture Recycling Project, please contact them on 020 8814 2225.