If you're currently self-isolating with possible coronavirus, then personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths can be stored securely within disposable rubbish bags. These bags should be placed into another bag, tied securely and kept separate from other waste. This should be put aside for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual external household waste bin. Other household waste can be disposed of as normal.
We kindly ask residents who are not self-isolating with possible symptoms to help our waste and recycling crews maintain a consistent service by:
- Separating out recycling to reduce the residual waste within bins. Follow the Reduce, Reuse and Recycle model in your household.
- Carefully recycle items and ensure that recycling is not being contaminated by placing wrong materials into communal bins or kerbside boxes. Wash plastics, tins and glass and check here to see what can be recycled before you place into the box or bin by visiting www.hounslow.gov.uk/recycling.
- Parking vehicles responsibly by considering the large waste and recycling fleet, enabling crews to access streets for collections.
- Retrieving your containers as soon as the collection crew have emptied them, if you receive a kerbside service.
- Utilising the Bulky Waste Collection Service for removing larger household items not suitable for waste and recycling collections, as Space Waye Reuse and Recycling Centre has closed to the general public from 20 March 2020. Alternatively, please consider whether you can store these items safely on your property until a later date.