I'm in the Armed Forces, in Care, in Hospital or in Prison and due to leave

If you are in a hospital, leaving the armed forces or leaving care, or due to be released from prison, you need to have a clear plan about where you are going to live.
The earlier this can be achieved the better
  • if you are in Hospital, or are going into hospital, and think you will have nowhere to live when you are discharged, you need to tell the nursing staff as soon as possible 

  • if you are leaving the Armed Forces and have not made any plans for somewhere to live, or just do not know what help and support may be available to you, you need to seek advice as soon as possible 

  • if you are a young person who has been looked after by the London Borough of Hounslow, you should not be in a position of facing homelessness. If you are worried about where you are going to live you should be talking to your Personal Adviser about this 

  • if you are in Prison, there are services and people who will talk to you about your housing situation and they will discuss if you are likely to be homeless when you are released. 

For those in Hospital   

You can find useful information from the NHS about being discharged from the hospital here

If you are leaving the Armed Forces

The Armed Forces Covenant is a great resource to look into with a range of support resources available to you. 

For Young People leaving Care

Local Authorities have a legal duty to support young  people making the transition from care to adulthood. Please take a look at Hounslow's Local Offer plan

If you are leaving Prison

There are various ways to get support and many organisations who offer support. To view these, take a look at the Leaving Prison information here.
What we can do to help
  • if you are in hospital we will talk to you and those involved in your discharge from hospital to find an appropriate housing solution
  • if you are leaving the armed forces we need you to contact us in advance so we can work with you to explore all housing options in a planned way
  • if you are leaving care a housing assessment will be carried out with you to put in place the right housing option for you at the right time
  • if you are leaving prison we should be notified of this by the prison or probation service to plan for your release

How to contact us

Use our online form:

Get help 

Or call us on:

rating button