Let us know about people who are sleeping rough
On this page
- let us know about someone who is sleeping rough
- duty to refer
- what happens once I have made a referral
If you have seen someone sleeping rough: Get in touch via the charity Streetlink
Or contact Hounslow Council via the following number or email:
020 8583 3942 - between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday
If you are one of the named Public Bodies, you have a duty to identify and refer people to us that have come into contact with your service and who may be homeless or threatened with homelessness. This is a requirement under The Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 to ensure we work in partnership with you, help you to recognise possible homelessness situations, and jointly act earlier to prevent homelessness.
If you would like to make a referral, you must have a consent of a person you are referring.
If you are a named Public Body, please email us at: Dutytorefer@hounslow.gov.uk
Please provide the following information on every referral:
- Full name of the person
- Date of birth
- Most recent address
- How we can contact the person, e.g. contact telephone number, contact email address and whether there are any communication or language barriers or practical difficulties
- A brief summary of their current situation
- Please attach any relevant documents you may have.
We will either contact the person you are referring to us directly or we will contact you if we need further information.
A referral does not constitute a homelessness application so we will require the full co-operation of the person you are referring to be able to give them advice and assistance in the best way we can.