I want to help homeless people
On this page
If someone is already homeless, you can encourage them to contact us and we may be able to help them find suitable temporary accommodation or private rented sector properties.
We can also help people who are at risk of homelessness by trying to help prevent them from becoming homeless. People could be at risk due to threat of eviction by landlords, rented properties which are in disrepair, relationship breakdown and so on.
You can suggest that people contact our partner organisations, who offer various services for homeless people and those at risk of becoming homeless.
- Shelter - a national charity with housing advice on a range of issues
- Citizen's Advice - impartial advice and information about housing, benefits, debt, work and more
- Centrepoint - help and support for young people aged 18 - 25
- Homeless.org - charity working with the homelessness sector to make services better.
- Crisis - charity helping homeless people or people at risk of becoming homeless
You can also support local homeless charities by offering your time. Charities are looking for regular volunteers who can use their skills to help the homeless. For example, fundraising, teaching, computer skills, cooking, driving, advice sessions and more. Find a list of the organisations near you which need help.
Homeless organisations and charities are best placed to know what items homeless people need most at any given time, such as socks, underwear and tampons. You can also donate money which will be allocated by the Street Support network.
How to contact us
Use our online form:
Or call us on:
- 020 8583 3942 - between 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday