National Lockdown : Stay at Home
Hounslow and the rest of the country is under national lockdown.
During the national lockdown you must stay at home. The single most important action we can all take is to stay at home to protect the NHS and save lives.
The law will be updated to reflect these new rules.
Businesses and venues
- Non-essential retail, hospitality and personal care services must close, or remain closed.
- Restaurants can continue delivery, takeaway or click-and-collect of food and non-alcoholic drinks, but venues will no longer be able to serve takeaway or click-and-collect alcohol.
- Essential shops and garden centres can remain open. Entertainment venues and animal attractions such as zoos must close, but the outdoor areas of venues such as heritage homes and botanical gardens can remain open, to be used for exercise. Playgrounds may also remain open.
- Places of worship can also remain open, but you may only visit with your household.
- Indoor and outdoor sports facilities including sports courts, gyms, golf courses, swimming pools, and riding arenas must also close. Elite sport and disabled sport can continue, as can PE lessons for those children attending school.