This is the website of the Mayor and Burgesses of the London Borough of Hounslow (“Hounslow Council”).
By using this website the User agrees to be bound by the "Terms and Conditions of Use"
Hounslow Council is committed to the highest standard and quality of information and every attempt has been made to present up-to-date, accurate information.
However Hounslow Council gives no warranty as to the accuracy of the information on this website and accepts no liability for any loss damage or inconvenience caused as a result of reliance on such information.
Although Hounslow Council takes all reasonable measures to ensure that the information provided to it from third parties is accurate and not defamatory or offensive it cannot control the content or take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers or linked pages.
Terms & conditions of use
of the website of the Mayor and Burgesses of the London Borough of Hounslow (“Hounslow Council”).
1. This website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. In accessing information from this website the User agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Use as set out below.
2. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction or inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass, or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene, or offensive content or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this site.
3. This website contains proprietary notices and copyright information, the terms of which the User agrees to observe and follow.
4.1 The User assumes full responsibility for the protection of his computer system including computer hardware software and stored data on his computer system including hardware software and stored data of third parties who may access or be otherwise connected to the User's computer system. The User will assume the responsibility of ensuring that programs or other data downloaded or otherwise received from this website are free from viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other items of a destructive nature.
4.2 Hounslow Council will take reasonable steps to ensure that data transmitted electronically to Hounslow Council via the site or otherwise and stored by Hounslow Council is not accessed by unauthorised third parties in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 . The User accepts the risk that data transmitted electronically to Hounslow Council via this website or otherwise may be intercepted before reaching Hounslow Council or accessed from Hounslow Council’s data storage by third parties not authorised by Hounslow Council and may be exploited unlawfully by such unauthorised third parties.
5. Hounslow Council makes no representations as to the security quality or propriety of any website which may be accessed through this website and accepts no liability for the content or for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused by the use of or reliance on information contained in such websites or goods or services purchased there from. Connected websites accessed through this website are independent websites over which Hounslow Council does not exercise any control whether financial editorial or of any other kind and are not in any way endorsed by Hounslow Council.
6. Information contained in this website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical mistakes. Information may be changed or updated without notice and any queries relating to the information including queries as to its currency and accuracy should be addressed to the person or persons stipulated in the specific conditions on the appropriate pages relevant to the goods or services sought.
Warranty and Liability
7. All information made available from within this website is provided "as is" for information purposes only and without warranty of any kind either express or implied including but not limited to any warranties as to non-infringement of rights merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
8.1 Hounslow Council accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any data corruption interception or delay or any inaccuracies or errors that may occur and any liability in respect thereof is excluded to the full extent permitted by Law.
8.2 In no circumstances will Hounslow Council be liable to the User for any direct indirect consequential special or other damage howsoever resulting from the use of this website or any other website connected to the website by means of a hypertext link or otherwise. This shall be the case whether such damage is caused by transmission from this website (or a connected website) to the User's computer system of viruses worms Trojan horses or other destructive items corrupted data or data incompatible with the User's computer system or of third parties' interception of or access to data of whatever nature. "Data" includes (without limitation) personal data and credit and payment card information transmitted by the User electronically to Hounslow Council or otherwise. Such damage shall include (without limitation) lost profits interruption to business loss of the whole or any part of a program or programs or any data howsoever stored whether saved on a computer system or otherwise.
9. Hounslow Council accepts no liability whatsoever in connection with the User's use of this website whether in contract tort, negligence or breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
10. Nothing in these terms shall exclude Hounslow Council’s liability for death or personal injury arising from the negligence of Hounslow Council its employees agents or contractors resulting from the use of this website.
11.1 Hounslow Council publishes the images and information on this website in good faith but accepts no liability for the accuracy or decency thereof. Hounslow Council will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that all intellectual property rights are respected and that the information and images are accurate and neither defamatory or offensive.
11.2 Where the Council web site contains guidance and notes on certain aspects of law as they might affect the average person, they are intended as general information only and do not constitute legal or other professional advice. The guidance or the notes should not be relied on as the basis for any decision or legal action.
12.1 This website belongs in all respects to Hounslow Council.
12.2 All intellectual property rights including copyright Database Rights and First Publication Rights patents Registered Trade Marks, know-how, intellectual or industrial property rights, including format, art direction, look and feel and content subsisting throughout the World shall rest in Hounslow Council of London.
12.3 None of the data or content found on this website may be reproduced published distributed posted or transferred modified or linked to another website without the prior express written permission of Hounslow Council. Any trade mark logo crest or other identifiable emblem of Hounslow Council shall remain the property of Hounslow Council at all times and no licence or right to use any of the same shall be granted or implied in any way.
13. Users may not modify copy distribute transmit display reproduce publish licence or create derivative works or sell any information obtained from the website. Users may download information or images for private non-commercial viewing purposes only unless permitted for the purpose of making an offer appropriate to the goods or services required.
Copyright in respect of published planning applications
14.1 Section 47 of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 protects plans, drawings and material submitted to Hounslow Council for the purpose of obtaining planning consent.
14.2. You may only use material that is downloaded and/or printed from this web site for consultation purposes, to compare current applications with previous schemes and to check whether developments have been completed in accordance with approved plans.
14.3 Further copies must not be made without the prior written permission of the copyright owner (which may not be Hounslow Council).
Availability of website
15.1 It is acknowledged by the User that it is not technically possible for Hounslow Council to provide a completely fault free service and Hounslow Council gives no guarantees or warranties express or implied as to the quality or reliability of access to this site.
15.2 Hounslow Council reserves the right to suspend or cancel this site or otherwise refuse access to it immediately and without notice for any reason including but not limited to maintenance repair or updating at any time at its absolute discretion.
Payment via the website
16.1 All payments are subject to the following general conditions and any specific conditions on the appropriate pages relevant to the payment being made:
16.2 Your payment will take a minimum of 2 working days to reach the account to which you are making a payment. (This includes time to verify your credit/debit card details with your credit/debit card supplier and for payment to be notified to the Council.) If your payment is overdue and recovery action is about to be taken, you should pay cash at the Council offices.
16.3 We can not accept liability for a payment not reaching the intended account due to a customer quoting an incorrect account number.
16.4 Neither can we accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier (due to the customer quoting incorrect card details or other reasons).
16.5 If the credit/debit card supplier declines payment, Hounslow Council is under no obligation to bring this fact to the customer's attention. Customers should check with their bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from their account.
Confirmation of payment
17. You will receive a confirmation of your payment on your screen after you make the payment. You can print this out as confirmation by selecting the text information, choosing the print option and clicking on the 'selection' radio button option.
18. The failure by Hounslow Council to enforce any term or condition hereof shall not be deemed as a waiver of the right to enforce such term or condition.
19. This website is situated in London England and all the terms and conditions of use shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.
20. In the event of any queries about how to use the website, please email email@example.com.
Monitoring of user traffic
9.1 Hounslow Council may monitor user traffic on an aggregate basis in order to help it develop and improve the website for the benefit of all users.
9.2 We will not send unsolicited emails to your address.
10. Users are advised that the Internet is not a secure medium. Hounslow Council will use reasonable endeavours to keep user information confidential and store it on a secure server which is password protected and hidden behind a firewall from the outside world. Internal procedures cover the storage access and disclosure of user information. Hounslow Council will not sell or pass user information on to any third parties without first obtaining the user's consent
Transmission of data outside the EU
11. Because the Internet infrastructure is global and it is not possible to predict the routes that information sent over the Internet will take, the information the User provides may be transferred temporarily via a route which takes it outside the European Economic Area as it passes between the User and the Corporation. By submitting your information you consent to this transfer.
12. Hounslow Council may disclose personal information if required to do so by Law or in good faith believes it is required to do so by any order of the Courts or other competent body or agency or may do so to protect or defend the rights or property of Hounslow Council or to protect the personal safety of the User's employees or the public at large.
13. Hounslow Council website has links to other websites which will have different privacy trading and use policies and conditions and the User should familiarise himself with the same
14. The Council uses all reasonable endeavours to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the following principles:
(1) Personal data should be processed fairly and lawfully This means that individuals should not be deceived or misled into supplying information
(2) Data should only be obtained for a specified purpose and should not be used for any other purpose
(3) Personal data should be adequate relevant and not excessive in relation to its purpose
(4) Personal data should be accurate and up to date where necessary
(5) Personal data should not be kept longer than is needed for its intended purpose
(6) Personal data should be processed in accordance with the rights of the individual which the information concerns
(7) Appropriate measures should be taken against unlawful processing or destruction of records Computer systems should have back up facilities and security provisions
(8) Personal data should not be transferred outside the European Economic Area (the EU states plus Liechtenstein Iceland and Norway)
Hounslow Council may require the User to provide personal information such as your name and email address when completing forms online or if you contact us with any comments or requests. Hounslow Council will only use this information for the purpose it was collected. Hounslow Council may pass your details onto third parties who are contracted to provide services on behalf of the council. Any third party that receives your information from us are obliged to use your details only for the purpose of fulfilling your request.
Any personal data collected by Hounslow Council will be evaluated periodically to determine whether it should continue to hold such data.
For further information about the Data Protection Act please contact the Information Commissioner's Office via their website or by post:
Information Commissioner's Office
Fax: 01625 524 510
A cookie is a small file which stores information that a website puts on your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time. Typically, a cookie records your preferences when using a particular site.
Cookies are only used in the sections of the site where you need to log in, eg online payments (our navigation calls this area ‘online services’) and they are only stored for the duration of your visit. You will require cookies to be enabled on your browser to allow you to use this section of our web site.
We do not use them to collect personal information about you. If you do not wish to receive cookies then you can set your web browser to reject them. However, this will prevent your using our ‘online services’.