Hounslow Council

Commercial property

These pages provide information about council owned or council managed property in Hounslow.

  • We only have a limited amount of property available to rent or to sell

  • We have no shops in Hounslow, Feltham or Chiswick High Street, but do own some shops in Brentford High Street and on residential estates

  • We do not have any plots of land to sell, which are suitable for residential development

  • Details of all properties available for sale or letting will appear on this website

  • All council lettings and sales are at open market value

  • If a council property becomes surplus to requirements, it will be sold either by tender to the highest bidder or at public auction

For commercial properties to let please contact Murray Smith at Dunphys: 020 8577 5172 or email: murray.smith@dunphys.co.uk.

Hounslow's property portfolio


Only a few lock-up shops are available for renting - mainly located on council housing estates.

Industrial units/offices

Over the years we have sold most of our commercial properties. There remain only two small business estates - Mill Farm Business Park, Hanworth or Derby Road Industrial Estate, Hounslow. These units become available from time to time for letting.

Residential and land


Our normal policy is not to sell any of our housing stock on the open market.  If you are looking to buy a residential property in Hounslow, (and are not already a tenant of the council's Arms Length Management Organisation known as Hounslow Homes) you are encouraged to contact local estate agents.

If you are interested in a dilapidated house you have seen, it is likely to be in private ownership or owned by a housing association, which is about to put it into good order.

Residential development sites

We own very few sites available for development.  When an opportunity arises for private housing development on a site we have decided to dispose of, it will usually be sold to a housing association to provide affordable housing.

Private property compulsory acquisition

Local authorities are granted powers under various acts to compulsory acquire land and buildings where they are required for the general public good and where they cannot be acquired by agreement.

Details of active CPOs may be obtained by e-mailing corporate.property@hounslow.gov.uk.

Private property voluntary acquisitions

Local authorities may acquire land and buildings offered to them if there is a need for them to do so. However, this authority is rarely used these days.

Download list of Commercial Agents (Adobe PDF icon PDF Help, size 45kb)

Download list of Residential Agents (Adobe PDF icon PDF Help, size 53kb)

Download list of Useful Publications and Auctioneers (Adobe PDF icon PDF Help, size 71kb)

Contact us

If there is any information you would like to see on these pages, or if you have a query about any property related matter, please contact us:

Project Co-ordination and Corporate Property
Civic Centre
Lampton Road

Tel: 0208 583 2502
Fax: 0208 583 2515
E-mail: corporate.property@hounslow.gov.uk